to Attend the Monthly Neighborhood Meeting
First Creek Neighbors Monthly Meeting
Wednesday April 1st, 2009
6:30pm - 8:30pm
Portland Avenue Community Center
3513 Portland Avenue
Who will be there?
First Creek Neighbors
Tacoma Police Department
Puyallup Tribal Police
City Code Enforcement
What Will We Discuss?
* Needs of Eastside Youth
* Opportunities for Eastside Youth
Your Attendance Would Be Most Appreciated
For more information call Edwina at 474-7083
Priorities Identified at Feb. First Creek Neighbors Meeting
• Reduce gang activity
• Clean-up the community and Creek
• Stop illegal dumping
• Suppress fireworks
• Make opportunities for community social gatherings
• Fill pot holes and fix our streets
Neighborhood Accomplishments So Far:
• Cleaned up a Meth Lab
• Closed 10 Drug Houses
• Hauled 25 Tons of Junk and 218 Tires
• Lights Restored in Portland Avenue Park
• Illegal Encampments Closed
• Organized an Active Neighborhood Patrol
• Cleaned up Numerous Problem Houses
• Our Own Blog – http://firstcreek.blogspot.com
• Media Attention
• Resolution passed by Tacoma City Council in support of City/Puyallup Tribe/community collaboration to create a stewardship plan for First Creek
• April 4th, First Creek Spring Clean-up and Ivy Removal, plus Community Celebration, Meet at East 34th and R Street or Fairbanks and First Creek. Work party 9-Noon, Celebration and Barbeque Noon to 1:30pm. We're looking for teams and groups, also RSVP needed for food count. Contact Dan Fear at 425 260-4991 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Monthly Community Street Clean-up: First Saturday of each month from 9:00-Noon. Meet at at Portland Avenue Community Center (3513 E Portland Avenue). Other dates are April 4, May 2, June 6, July 11 (will replace July 4 date), August 1 and September TBD.
• Physical Fitness Boot Camp: For youth ages 12-18. Location: Portland Avenue Community Center, 3513 East Portland Avenue. Saturday's from 10-Noon. Start Date: April 18, 2009. Pre-registration is required, space limited. Contact Ben at 253 310-7896 or Frieda at 253 591-5391 for more information and to sign up.
• Monthly Creek Clean-up: Second Saturday of each month from 9:00-Noon. Meet at 1801 E 34th, the church parking lot at East 34th and R Street. April 4th will be replace the April 18 date. Other dates are May 9, June 13, July 11, August 8 and September 12.
• Eastside Clean-Sweep - Date: Saturday, May 2 at 9:00am. Meet at the Eastside School of your choice. Parents, teachers and the community will be their to help students clean up the community.
• Citizen’s Patrol - ongoing daily and nightly patrols.
For additional information about the monthly meeting
call Edwina at 474-7083