to Attend the Monthly Neighborhood Meeting
First Creek Neighbors Monthly Meeting
Wednesday May 6th, 2009
6:30pm - 8:30pm
Portland Avenue Community Center
3513 Portland Avenue
Who will be there?
First Creek Neighbors
Tacoma Police Department
Puyallup Tribal Police
City Code Enforcement
What Will We Discuss?
* How to get the best results from a call to 911
*Things We Can Do To Achieve our 2009 Priorities
Your Attendance Would Be Most Appreciated
For more information call Edwina at 474-7083
Priorities Identified at Feb. First Creek Neighbors Meeting
• Reduce gang activity
• Clean-up the community and Creek
• Stop illegal dumping
• Suppress fireworks
• Make opportunities for community social gatherings
• Fill pot holes and fix our streets
Things All of Us Can Do to Have a Cleaner and Safer Community
• Pick up trash from in front of your house even if you did not put it there.
• Use your 2 free yearly call-2-hauls to get rid of household junk. To arrange for a pick-up call-573-2468 (Only available for residents of single family or duplex houses)
• Leave your porch light on all night
Neighborhood Accomplishments So Far:
• Cleaned up a Meth Lab
• Closed 10 Drug Houses
• City of Tacoma 140 Tons of Junk and Garbage from First Creek
• First Creek Clean-up Removed 3 Tons of Garbage and Liter
• Lights Restored in Portland Avenue Park
• Illegal Encampments Closed
• Cleaned Fairbanks where it passes over First Creek
• Organized an Active Neighborhood Patrol
• Cleaned up Numerous Problem Houses
• Our Own Blog – http://firstcreek.blogspot.com
• Media Attention
• Resolution passed by Tacoma City Council in support of City/Puyallup Tribe/community collaboration to create a stewardship plan for First Creek
• Monthly Community Street Clean-up: First Saturday of each month from 9:00-Noon. Meet at at Portland Avenue Community Center (3513 E Portland Avenue). Other dates are April 4, May 2, June 6, July 6 (will replace July 4 date), August 1 and September TBD.
• Monthly Creek Clean-up: Second Saturday of each month from 9:00-Noon. Meet at 1801 E 34th, the church parking lot at East 34th and R Street. April 4th will be replace the April 18 date. Other dates are May 9, June 13, July 11, August 8 and September 12.
• Physical Fitness Boot Camp: For youth ages 12-18. Location: Portland Avenue Community Center, 3513 East Portland Avenue. Saturday's from 10-Noon. Start Date: April 18, 2009. Pre-registration is required, space limited. Contact Ben at 253 310-7896 or Frieda at 253 591-5391 for more information and to sign up.
• Eastside Clean-Sweep - Date: Saturday, May 2 at 9:00am. Meet at the Eastside School of your choice. Parents, teachers and the community will be their to help students clean up the community.
• Citizen’s Patrol - ongoing daily and nightly patrols.
For additional information about the monthly meeting
call Edwina at 474-7083