Compost bins discounted up to 60 percent, free workshops
With garden harvests winding down and fall leaves around the corner, now is the ideal time to start composting at home. City residents may take advantage of the last compost bin sale of the year featuring deeply discounted bins Sept. 15 through Oct. 15 at locations throughout Tacoma.
City of Tacoma Solid Waste Management, in partnership with Metro Parks Tacoma and Washington State Department of Ecology, encourage residents to compost at home to save resources while creating compost, a valuable soil amendment to use on lawns and gardens.
COMPOST BIN SALE (Tacoma residents) — Sept. 15-Oct. 15*
Discounted compost bins
· The Recycler Compost Bin: $35
· The Compost Wizard: $115
Purchase locations (call for hours and bin availability)
· Center at Norpoint: 4818 Nassau Ave NE, (253) 591-5504
· City of Tacoma EnviroHouse (Tacoma Landfill), 3510 S. Mullen St., (253) 573-2426
· Seymour Botanical Conservatory: 316 S. G St., (253) 591-5330
· South Park Community Center: 4851 South Tacoma Way, (253) 591-5299
· Tacoma Nature Center: 1919 S. Tyler St., (253) 591-6439
FREE COMPOSTING WORKSHOP (Tacoma and Pierce County residents)
· Oct. 9th, 11 a.m.-noon, location: City of Tacoma EnviroHouse (Tacoma Landfill), 3510 S. Mullen St., (253) 573-2426
For more information, visit www.cityoftacoma.org/composting or call Solid Waste Management, (253) 591-5543.
* Compost bin quantities limited, two bins per household, available only to residents residing within Tacoma city limits.