You Are Invited to Attend a Beach Blanket Pot Luck Picnic
First Creek Neighbors
Wednesday July 1, 2009
6:30pm - 8:30pm
First Creek Canyon near the 32nd Street Bridge*
What you should bring?
• Your favorite picnic pot luck dish, water, or pop to share.
(Eastside World Vision Program will furnish fried chicken)
• A blanket or folding chair to sit on (a few will be provided)
• A big smile
• Your ideas for the future of First Creek
* Enter the canyon near East 29th Street near the Emerald Queen Casino (North entrance)and walk a 2 block trail to 32nd Street Bridge. You can also enter at East Wright and East T Street.
Provisions will be made for elderly and disabled to shuttle them in to the picnic area.
Your Attendance Would Be Most Appreciated
For more information call Edwina at 474-7083
First Creek Neighbors Priorities for 2009 addressed at this meeting:
• Clean-up the community and Creek
• Make opportunities for community social gatherings
Things All of Us Can Do to Have a Cleaner and Safer Community:
• Get to know your neighbors. Learn their names and their children’s names.
• Pick up litter and trash from in front of your house even if you did not put it there. Also, do the same in your alley.
• Use your 2 free yearly call-2-hauls to get rid of unwanted household stuff. To arrange for a pick-up call-573-2468 (Only available for residents of single family or duplex houses)
• Leave your porch light on all night
Visit our community blog at http://firstcreek.blogspot.com/
• Home Buyers Fair and Tour of East Tacoma Homes - Portland Ave. Community Center-June 27th, 10:30am-4:00pm
• Technology Day Camps sponsored by WSU Extension Program throughout the summer - Portland Ave. Community Center (Free)
• Fitness Boot Camp for youth ages 12-18, Every Saturday, 10:00am-12:00, Portland Ave. Community Center. Register at the main desk of the Center (Free)
• Community Street Clean-up: First Saturday of each month, 9:00am-Noon. Meet at Portland Ave. Community Center
• Creek Clean-up: Second Saturday of each month, 9:00am-Noon. Meet at East 34th and R Street in the church lot
• Citizen’s Patrol - Ongoing
• Visit the new skateboard features 5 minutes away at McKinley Park. Take McKinley Ave. toward the Tacoma Dome. Park is on your right before you get to the Dome
• National Night Out-Tuesday, Aug. 4th. Do we want one big community party or do you want to hold smaller events on your own block? Who wants to do the planning?