You Are Invited
to Attend the Monthly Neighborhood Meeting
First Creek Neighbors Monthly Meeting
Wednesday August 5, 2009
6:30pm - 8:30pm
Portland Avenue Community Center
3513 Portland Avenue
Who will be there?
First Creek Neighbors
Tacoma Police Department
Puyallup Tribal Police
City Code Enforcement
What Will We Discuss?
* The Puyallup Tribe’s Development Plans,
Presented by Peter Mills, Project Manager for the Tribe
Your Attendance Would Be Most Appreciated
For more information call Edwina at 474-7083
Priorities Identified at Feb. First Creek Neighbors Meeting
• Reduce gang activity
• Clean-up the community and Creek
• Stop illegal dumping
• Suppress fireworks
• Make opportunities for community social gatherings
• Fill pot holes and fix our streets
Things All of Us Can Do to Have a Cleaner and Safer Community
• Speak to your neighbors. Learn their names and their children’s names.
• Pick up trash from in front of your house even if you did not put it there.
• Use your 2 free yearly call-2-hauls to get rid of household junk. To arrange for a pick-up call-573-2468 (Only available for residents of single family or duplex houses)
• Leave your porch light on all night
• Rent an Alley light from the City of Tacoma. These lights work really well and cost less than $15.00 a mongh, call Alley Lighting at 502-8618, leave a message and they will get back to you.
Neighborhood Accomplishments So Far:
• Cleaned up a Meth Lab
• Closed 16 Drug Houses
• 155 Tons of Junk and Garbage from First Creek & Neighborhood
• Lights Restored in Portland Avenue Park
• Illegal Encampments Closed
• Cleaned Fairbanks and painted the posts over First Creek
• Organized an Active Neighborhood Patrol
• Cleaned up Numerous Problem Houses
• Our Own Blog – http://firstcreek.blogspot.com
• Resolution passed by Tacoma City Council in support of City/Puyallup Tribe/community collaboration to create a stewardship plan for First Creek
• Community picnic in First Creek (July meeting attended by 66 people).
Just a few of our accomplishments so far.
The more active you are in your community the more that gets done.
• School Supply Carnival-Saturday, Aug 8, 2:00pm-6:00pm at the Portland Ave. Community Center. Sponsored by World Vision.
• Monthly Community Street Clean-up: First Saturday of each month from 9:00-Noon. Meet at at Portland Avenue Community Center (3513 E Portland Avenue). August 1 and September TBD.
• Monthly Creek Clean-up: Second Saturday of each month from 9:00-Noon. Meet at 1801 E 34th, the church parking lot at East 34th and R Street. August 8 and September 12
• Citizen’s Patrol - ongoing daily and nightly patrols.
For additional information about the monthly meeting
call Edwina at 474-7083