Neighborhood groups to march against crime
THE NEWS TRIBUNE
Published: September 4th, 2008 01:00 AM
Twelve neighborhood groups will take to the streets Friday in what’s being billed as the biggest and most collaborative demonstration against crime in Tacoma. The purpose of the demonstration is to send criminals the message to get out and to enhance residents’ awareness of crime in their neighborhoods and the community, said Darren Pen of Safe Streets, which is organizing the event.
Participating will be:
• South Yakima Citizens Neighborhood Group.
• Fern Hill Neighborhood Watch Group.
• Larchmont Safe Streets Neighborhood Group.
• Upper Pacific Avenue Group.
• Wapato Group.
• Stewart Heights Neighborhood Watch Group.
• Park Avenue Neighborhood Group.
• Pacific Avenue Business District.
• Lincoln LAWGs.
• Lincoln South Neighbors.
• Lincoln West Neighborhood.
• Mann Neighborhood Group.
Each group will meet at its designated site at 5:30 p.m. to paint signs. Members will march from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Safe Streets will provide all the materials.
A map of the march locations is available at blogs.thenewstribune.com/street.
Stacey Mulick, The News Tribune
Information submitted September 5, 2008 by Lena T.